- Client: Israel Railways
- Architect: Barchana Architects, Yaron-Shimoni-Shacham
- Established: In progress. Completion: 2017
- Budget: NIS 240 million
- Project Description:
Status: In progress. Completion: 2017.
Client: Israel Railways
Supervision: Dana Engineering
Design: Barchana Architects, Yaron-Shimoni-Shacham
Project Description: A project with a scope of approx. NIS 240 million, including construction work, finishing, and installation of electromechanical systems (elevators, electricity, air conditioning and plumbing) at the main railway station at the entrance to Jerusalem, close to the International Convention Center (Binyanei HaUma). Due to the constraints of building the high-speed Tel Aviv-Jerusalem railway on a slope suitable for passenger trains, the railway reaches the station at 80 meters below street level. The task of excavating the station's platforms in Section D of the railway line was assigned to Electra Infrastructure. The station is divided into two main levels, the upper level close to the street and the main entrance, the ticket booths and offices, and the lower level with four platforms of 300 meters each. The two levels, which are separated by some 60 meters, are connected by high-speed elevators, escalators, and stairs.
- Construction and finishing work in the aboveground station building, in the underground station halls, on the platforms, and in all access tunnels and access shafts used for elevators, escalators and stairs.
- Finishing works, aluminum cladding, glass cladding, stone cladding, plastering and paintwork.
- Installation of electromechanical systems in the eastern systems building near the station.
- Installation of Otis elevators and escalators.
- Installation of complex air conditioning, ventilation, electrical, and plumbing systems
- Installation of unique fire-resistant roofing.
- Framing and glasswork in the outer structure of the upper level.
The project was carried out as a partnership between Electra Infrastructure, Electra M&E, and Electra Elevators. It is an excellent example of the realization of the Electra Group's strategy, which includes combining infrastructure and construction capabilities with complex work in the field of electromechanical systems. The project includes unique challenges, including transporting materials and equipment into the underground structure and transporting material and equipment to the escalator shafts, while assembling unique escalators that have never been installed in Israel before.