- לקוח: Israel Railways
- אדריכל: Dana Engineering
- קבלן ראשי: Arnon Rozen, Amy-Metom
- תקופה: Completed
- תקציב: NIS 820 million
- Project Description:
Complex excavation and tunneling works with variable cross-sections along 6,000 meters, as well as excavating halls and shafts for an underground railway station 80 meters below ground and constructing bridges with a total scope of approx. NIS 820 million. The project was carried out as part of a national project to construct a high-speed railway line from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, at a total investment of billions of shekels.
- Excavating railway tunnels with a total length of about 6,000 meters - tunnel 3A (a pair of single-track tunnels) and tunnel 4 - an integrated two-track tunnel with a cross-section that expands into 4 tracks and then splitting into 2 tunnels before entering the Binyaney Hauma platform halls. The excavation was carried out using NATM method with drill & blast.
- Excavating 2 underground railway platform halls and a passenger hall - 80 meters underground using the drill & blast. Dimensions of each hall - length 300 meters, height approx. 27 meters, and width approx. 17 meters.
- Excavating the escalator shaft for 130 meters with a 30% slope as well as vertical ventilation shafts for the Binyaney Hauma train station.
- Excavating connecting tunnels and access tunnels.
- Inner linings using cast-in-place concrete lining system.
- Civil engineering works along the route of the tunnel, including floor casting, drainage, and sealing works.
- Construction of Bridge 9, extending 250 meters along Emek Halilim near Mevasseret Zion at a height of 47 meters.
In order to meet the project's tight schedules, excavation work was carried out on 4-6 fronts (Faces) simultaneously, including night shifts. Due to these multiple work sites, Electra Infrastructure was required to provide a fleet of some 70 heavy equipment units of various types at any given moment.
The work was carried out using Electra Infrastructure's advanced mechanical engineering equipment, which includes horizontal drilling machines such as Boomer - face drilling rigs, surface drilling rigs, multi-use drilling rigs, concrete spraying equipment, independent concrete pumps, excavators, telescopic handlers, wheel loaders, and articulated dump trucks as required.
As part of the project, approx. 1,000,000 cubic meters of material was excavated from the tunnels and moved off-site, and about 120,000 cubic meters of concrete was used for preliminary support purposes and inline casting. The Heavy equipment movement was mostly carried out in picturesque surroundings and nature reserves. As a result, Electra Infrastructure was required to act in accordance with strict rules, in coordination with the various regulatory bodies.