- Client: Moriah Jerusalem Development Corporation
- Architect: E. Spivak
- Main Contractor: G.A.SH Bridge & Building Engineering
- Established: In progress. Completion: 2019.
- Budget: NIS 230 million
- Project Description:
Excavation, reinforcement and inner lining a 5-floor underground parking lot for 1,300 parking spaces with a scope of approx. NIS 230 million. The project also includes underground access tunnel route from Shazar Street. The parking lot will be used by passengers going to the Binyaney Hauma 80 meters underground train station, the International Convention Center, the bus terminal, and the commercial complex being built in the area. This project is part of the "City Gate" project at the entrance to Jerusalem, built at a total investment of NIS 1.4 billion.
- Foundations and ground anchors for portal excavation routes
- Underground excavation of temporary access tunnels of approx. 300 meters in length, using NATM method
- Underground excavation of two adjacent parking halls and connecting tunnels using NATM and drill & blast methods. Dimensions of each hall - length: 250 meters, height: approx. 27 meters, width: approx. 17 meters
- Inner lining of the hall's upper section, using cast-in-place concrete lining system
- Lowering while stabilizing the side walls of the halls
The excavation work is carried out at an average depth of 5 meters below Shazar Street, the main entrance road to Jerusalem. As a result, massive preliminary support is provided by Forepoling pipes of approx. 50,000m in length, and steel ribs with a total weight of approx. 650 tons. In order to meet the project's tight schedule, the excavation works are carried out on four fronts (Faces) simultaneously, with operations continuing around the clock. The work is carried out at the heart of a residential area, while adhering to strict environmental requirements.
The excavation work is performed using Electra Infrastructure's advanced mechanical engineering equipment, which includes: Roadheader machine, Jumbo- face drilling rigs, vertical drilling rigs, multi-use drilling rigs, concrete spraying equipment, independent concrete pumps, excavators, telescopic handlers, wheel loaders, and articulated dump trucks as required.